English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing must view web pages on mobile items, web pages must be adaptable to tons of of assorted show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you straightforward strategies to leverage WordPress to get in all probability essentially the most out of responsive design, implement best practices, automate important processes, and make your life less complicated normal. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Examine up-to-date best practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping web page bloat for greater client experience whatever the client’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the foundations you research to specific tutorials, paying homage to setting up a photograph gallery, map net web page, and merchandise net web page.
* Examine when to rely upon themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Examine quite a few navigation methods, paying homage to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select area.
* Use commonplace responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make footage reply to completely totally different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Acquire dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and try your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.